Wonderful fingerfood for parties, am appetiser for a dinner party or just as a yummy lunch, these bite size delicacies are sure to be a hit!
500g waxy potatoes ( I used dutch cream)
1 large onion
2 tablespoons spelt flour
1 large egg
Sunflower oil for frying
celtic sea salt and cracked pepper to season
100g Regal smoked salmon pastrami
100g sour cream
1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
- Peel and grate the potatoes and onion. A grating function on your food processor can be very hand for this.
- Place potato and onion into a sieve and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Place into a bowl.
- Add in egg, flour and salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Heat enough sunflower oil to lightly cover the bottom of a large frying pan. Have it over a medium heat.
- Gather tablespoon size balls of the mixture and flatten them into a pancake shape with the palms of your hands. Carefully drop them into the oil and fry until golden brown, turning half way through.
- While the rosti’s are cooking, mix the sour cream and the chives and put aside, then cut the smoked salmon into thinner slices the same length as the diameter of your rosti. Put them aside.
- Once the rosti are cooked, place them on paper towel to drain and cool.
- Set the rosti out on a serving platter. Top them with a dollop of the sour cream mixture and then lay two strip of the smoked salmon over the top.
- Serve immediately.