Risotto is always a safe bet wether for a family dinner or for when you have guests. This creamy risotto is great in Winter when you need warming up.
- 25g butter or ghee
- 4 decent size leeks, white part only, sliced into rings
- 1 large red capsicum, finely diced
- 4 rasher bacon, diced
- 2 litres vegetables stock
- 500g risotto rice
- 200mls cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- pepper to season
- Put stock in a saucepan on the stove, over high heat to bring to boil.
- Melt butter in a risotto pan, add in leeks, bacon and capsicum and cook over medium heat until lightly browned.
- Stir rice into pan and ensure it is evenly coated with the pan contents.
- Add 1/4 cup of the hot stock into the risotto pan and stir until absorbed into rice. Continue to add the hot stock in, a 1/4 cup at a time until all absorbed and the rice has just become tender.
- Stir through parmesan cheese and cream and season with pepper.
- Spoon into serving bowls and garnish with fresh herbs to serve.
Leave a Reply