These fritters are great for a summer meal, school lunches, party food or even a snack.
- 3 cobs of corn, kernels removed
- 3 zucchinis, grated
- 100g haloumi cheese, finely diced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1.5 tablespoons Zest Exotic Spice Mix (Cumin also works well)
- 1 cup self raising flour (buckwheat also works well)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Yoghurt, tomato and avocado to serve
- Combine corn kernels, zucchini and haloumi in a large bowl.
- Add in eggs, milk, spice and seasonings and mix well to combine.
- Add in flour and mix with a fork till just combined.
- Heat some ghee in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Place dollops of mix into frying pan and cook, flipping once lightly brown on first side, to brown the other side.
- Cook in batches and keep those you have cooked warm.
- Serve warm on a bed of tomato and avocado. You may also wish to serve with greek yoghurt or chargrilled capsicums mixed with greek yoghurt, as I have.