This is a great way to use up those over ripe bananas! Serve these warm for a treat.
Makes 12 large/20 small
- 500g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 large very ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 140g brown sugar
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 100 g raisins
- 1 punnet blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line muffin tins with paper wrappers.
- Place peeled bananas into a mixer bowl and beat until smooth with no lumps.
- Continue beating while adding in one egg at a time.
- Add in brown sugar and sunflower oil and beat until combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, bi carb, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix until just combined.
- Add in raisins and blueberries and beat till just combined.
- Fill muffin paper to 2/3 full with mixture.
- Bake in oven till brown and top springs back – approximately 20 mins.