Makes 1 loaf. This bread is delicious straight from the oven, toasted in a sandwich press or just cold.
3/4 cup sun dried apricots
3/4 cup rapadura sugar
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
Grated rind of two oranges
3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 cup spelt flour
1 cup plain wholemeal flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a loaf tin. (I have used a long skinny one, but any loaf tin will do.)
- Place apricots in a heat proof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 20 minutes.
- Beat sugar, oil and egg together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat in orange juice until well combined.
- Add in flours and baking powder and beat until combined.
- Add in orange rind, coconut and apricots and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 55 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then remove from tin.