2 sheets puff pastry
900g kipfler potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
2 tablespoons butter
4 red onions, thinly sliced
2 cloved garlic, crushed
1/3 cup fresh thyme leaves
5 swiss brown mushrooms sliced thinly
3 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
150g brie, cut into small chunks
200ml yoghurt cheese or quark
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Grease a large rectangular pyrex dish or a large quiche dish.
- Line the inside of the dish with the pastry. Ensure the sides are at least 2.5cm high. Place the dish in the fridge.
- Cook potatoes for 3-4 minutes until tender and then drain and cool. I used my steamer for this step.
- Heat butter in a fry pan, add in onion and cook for 3 minutes or until soft and slightly golden.
- Add in garlic and 3/4 of the thyme and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Spread the mustard over the pastry base.
- Spread the mushrooms over the mustard.
- Spread the onion mixture the mushrooms.
- Scatter the potatoes and brie over the onion mixture.
- Beat together the yoghurt cheese or quark with the eggs until creamy and smooth.Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the tart.
- Sprinkle the remaining thyme over the top of the tart.
- Bake for 25 minutes until set and golden.
- Slice and serve warm as is or with a side of green salad.