Vegan friendly and delicious. I really feel I should issue a warning with these biscuits; you won’t be able to stop at one!
1/2 cup jam (I used how made apricot jam)
1 cup sugar (you could also use coconut sugar for this recipe)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup roasted cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups spelt flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celcius and line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine jam, sugar, oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix with beaters until thoroughly combined.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt and mix until a dough is formed.
- Gather tablespoons full of the cookie mixture, roll them into a ball and then flatten them with the palms of your hands to form a cookie shape. Spread them evenly on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook as they will dry out. The tops of these cookies will crack slightly, but that just adds to their character.
- Cool on a wire rack, but maybe just try one while they are still warm!