This yummy cake will store for 1 week in an airtight container. This recipe is also freezer friendly.
350g wholemeal spelt flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs, lightly beaten
200ml sunflower oil
2 cups grated carrot
450g tin crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup coconut sugar
4 cups icing sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, bicarb soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add eggs, oil, carrot, pineapple, sugar and coconut to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased and lined pan and bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in tin and then turn out onto a cake rack to cool completely.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl, add in lemon juice and stir. Add hot water to the mix until it makes a thick but spreadable paste.
- Ice the top and sides of the cake with the mix and allow to dry.