- 500g beetroot, peeled and cubed
- 750g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Herbamare to season
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- 50g rocket leaves
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place maple syrup and oil in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add in pumpkin and beetroot and toss until thoroughly coated. Place pumpkin and beetroot on prepared tray in a single layer. Season with herbamare and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and is browning nicely on the outside. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile plass oil, vinegar, syrup and mustard in a jar, screw on the lid and shake to combine.
- Place pumpkin, beetroot, pine nuts red onion, baby spinach and rocket in a bowl. Drizzle over dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
This yummy salad can be used as a main or side dish. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.