About 8 years ago, I really got into candle making. It is an intricate art and one I find quite relaxing and satisfying. Life got busy and I ran out of time for my candle making however over the last year, I have started making candles once again.
I was finding it hard to source good value, organic beeswax candles to buy so decided to make them myself! One thing led to another and my candles are now available for sale.
The certified organic beeswax that I have been fortunate enough to source, comes from South Australia and is produced by the Australian Ligurian Bee. It has a wonderful creamy texture and a honey aroma that is simply beautiful. I use pure cotton wicking in my candles and I am making every effort to keep my packaging as environmentally friendly as possible using materials such as elephant dung paper (Don’t let the name fool you, its very hygenic and very sustainable!) and muslin.
There are so many candles out there, so why choose The Organic Lot candles?
- No hazardous ingredients
- Handmade using certified organic beeswax and pure cotton wicking
- Environmentally friendly
- Beautiful honey aroma
- Warm golden light
- Beeswax is a natural ioniser that purifies the air
- Reusable and compostable packaging
- Pure beeswax candles burn cleanly and do not create soot
- Longer burning time compared to standard candles.
Finally, a few things you should keep in mind when burning any candle are:
- Never burn candles in draughts
- Never burn a candle unattended
- Trim wick to 7mm before use
- Keep out of reach of children and pets
- Store the candles in the fridge prior to burning them for a longer burn time.
If you are interested in purchasing any of my candles, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org .